Re: feature/package-vc has been merged

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: feature/package-vc has been merged
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 22:38:02 -0500

  > What justifies this kind of gaslighting against Melpa?

That is a nasty thing to say, because "Gaslighting" means a kind of
lying.  Our objections to MELPA are about MELPA's policies and
actions.  You can verify for yourself what we say.

We reject MELPA because it includes packages that do not meet our
standards.  For instance, it accepts packages that violate our our
moral standard: nonfree programs are an injustice and it is wrong to
recommend people use one.  MELPA includes packages that recommend
specific nonfree programs.

We are fighting to get rid of nonfree software, so we have a policy
that we don't refer people to sites that recommend nonfree programs.

You don't have to agree with our policies or the values they are based
on.  But this list is the wrong place to argue against them.  If you
want to do that, you can do it on gnu-misc-discuss@gnu.org.