Re: feature/package-vc has been merged

From: Björn Bidar
Subject: Re: feature/package-vc has been merged
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 15:41:36 +0200

Than I misunderstood RMS when he said:
>>Please do not encourage people to load packages from MELPA.

> just avoid recommending people to use MELPA because doing so could
> accidentally cause someone to install non-free packages, or packages
> that proliferate or require non-free programs.  It's a preference
> thing, not a damnation.

I wasn't aware of packages in MELPA that do such a thing, especially
about non-free packages.

>From my knowledge Melpa doesn't contain those packages nomore than Elpa
already does (Microsoft Exchange support, excorporate).

Can you name such packages?

In the end people either can use Emacs on day to day work where they are
forced to use such systems that interact with non-free services or not.

Br,

Björn