Re: feature/package-vc has been merged

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: feature/package-vc has been merged
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 21:23:20 +0800

Björn Bidar <bjorn.bidar@thaodan.de> writes:

> I'm sorry but English isn't my mother tongue.. From my pov he wrote
> misleading statements about Melpa which did sound like gaslighting to me.

The GNU project exists to provide a free operating system.  In addition,
it has the larger goal of eliminating non-free software.

By allowing packages that promote the use of non-free software (and even
non-free operating systems!), and enabling their convenient installation
from Emacs, the MELPA developers are making it harder for us to achieve
that goal.  So please don't be surprised if we are not willing to refer
our users to them.

> Some have issues with the FSF, RMS etc. staying out of the whole thing
> was convenient for some.

Those ``issues'' held by ``some'' do not influence decision-making on
this list much, as they simply are of no relevance to Emacs, or free
software in general.