Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 08:36:16 +0200

> From: Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org>
> Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 21:25:53 +0100
>
> I tried eglot only once and I had to add a lsp-server to
> `eglot-server-programs'.  From this experience, is there a plan to make
> this a custom variable?  If not, I suggest to change the example in
> eglot manual from
>
>   (add-to-list 'eglot-server-programs
>                '(foo-mode . ("fools" "--stdio")))

>   (with-eval-after-load 'eglot
>     (add-to-list 'eglot-server-programs
>                  '(foo-mode . ("fools" "--stdio"))))
>
> for those who will copy&paste this into their init files and then wonder
> why it throws an error.

The intent is for this variable to include enough servers to make it
unnecessary to add to the list.  With that in mind, I wouldn't
complicate the manual by making sure this is copy/paste-able.

Is the LSP server you needed to add still missing from the database
currently on master?  If so, please suggest the addition(s).