Re: Tree sitter support for C-like languages

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Tree sitter support for C-like languages
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 14:58:12 -0800

> On Nov 10, 2022, at 9:45 AM, Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> See the attached patch for support for several C-like languages.
>
> They all support:
> - Font locking
> - Indentation (with styles for c/c++)
> - Movement
> - Imenu
> - Which-func
>
> These modes are meant as a supplement to tree-sitter.
>
> I'm hopeful for some constructive criticism, and some testing.  This
> patch needs to be applied to the feature/tree-sitter branch, and should
> hopefully be applied there before we merge the branch to master, well
> before Emacs 29 is cut.
>
> I hope you like it,
>
> Theo

This is fantastic! I’m trying them out right now :-)

Some things I noticed:

The indentation for the closing bracket of a struct is off:

struct regexp_cache
{
  struct regexp_cache *next;
  };

Imenu has some duplicate entries, the patch below should fix that.

I also added the new contextual thingy to font-lock settings.

Yuan