Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 19:32:48 +0200

On 12.11.2022 17:20, João Távora wrote:
On Sat, Nov 12, 2022, 14:36 Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru <mailto:dgutov@yandex.ru>> wrote:

    On 12.11.2022 12:11, João Távora wrote:
     >    Saint Ignucius then also asked the maintainers to stop maintaining
     >    their s.el.  Let's presume they did listen.

    Did they?

Did the whole fairy-tale schtick fly over your head? None of this has happened yet: I'm just presenting a plan. If people play along is not up to me.

It would seem useful to do some dev-rel work in advance. Or maybe now?

Otherwise, we've just acquired some extra complexity in the reader, xref and elisp completion code, while the anticipated benefits are very slow to materialize.

Half a year has passed now since Emacs 28.1's release, and even longer than that since the "shorthands" have been installed on master, and I don't see a single mention of them on s.el's issue tracker.

Ditto for dash.el and f.el.