Re: Adding use-package to core

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Adding use-package to core
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 13:58:52 +0200

> From: Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net>
> Cc: spwhitton@spwhitton.name,  luangruo@yahoo.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org,
>   xenodasein@tutanota.de
> Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 11:02:28 +0000
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> >> OK, but then again, what to do about Magit being on NonGNU ELPA.
> >
> > AFAIU, an effort to collect all the assignments for Magit is under
> > way, with the purpose of adding Magit to ELPA and/or Emacs.
>
> That I did not know, but I can't find anything on the topic online either.

Here's the last time this was discussed:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-09/msg00125.html

> > Again, the details of this were described and discussed, so I suggest
> > to look up those past discussions and read there.
>
> I'll try that too.  Do you have any specific discussions in mind.
> Searching the archive can be a bit difficult when looking for general
> discussions.

I think the last time this was discussed is here:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-12/msg00729.html

In particular, I tried to describe the issues that bother me here:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-12/msg00917.html