Re: [External] : Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/pa

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 09:08:23 +0100

>> Perhaps "shadow" or "shadowing-import" amount
>> to the construct I was envisioning.  I saw
>> those terms only today, and I don't know what
>> they mean.
>
> FWIW, I'd (passively) like to see this topic progress.
>
> I was thinking that the back & forth in this thread
> was  starting to be helpful.  I'm sorry to see it
> dropped (apparently).  Maybe it's a hard slog, but
> maybe it's a slog worth working through.

Sorry, but no thanks from me.

Why?  I don't think there is anything to talk about.  Or did you find
out what Richard's plan is?  Last I read was that it's not what Joao had
in mind, at least, and that Richard is brainstorming.

And, to be honest, the papal bulls concerning CL packages, in ignorance
of one's own ignorance, the non-answers, etc.---I don't want to have to
deal with that.

> Now go DTRT! ;-)

I do :-).