Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 22:35:52 -0500

  > > We could hide this concatenation most of the time by making print
  > > cut off the package prefixes that are redundant in their context.

  > See, that's what I meant when I wrote "there is no design".

I am brainstorming, and you rebuke me because it isn't a finished
design.

                                                                 We could,
  > perhaps, maybe, maybe not, hm.

That is what brainstorming looks like.  You describe the process of
brainstorming with words designed to ridicule.  That is unreasonable
and it is unkind.

Please don't do that.

   Why not use what's there and works?

Because it has a bad design flaw in :USE, and it is a lot of added
complexity that we are doing fine without.  It exists "there", for
some value of "there", but I am glad it is not _here_ in Emacs.