Re: Subprojects in project.el

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Subprojects in project.el
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 00:00:43 +0000

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> Even when there are just 2 of them, it's 2x the initial delay, which
> can already be noticeable with Tramp. E.g. my ping to the "mainland"
> is around 100ms. And filesystem operations might take several
> roundtrips.

If you want to use subprojects over TRAMP and the super-project and the
sub-project are both identified by marker files files, then it's not
something we can avoid.  IOW we do just as many marker-file probes as
needed: you pay for what you get.  If the user wants out of the bargain,
he can customize one of the search functions to give up in TRAMP
contexts.

> I don't entirely understand the algorithm you're proposing here, but
> it sounds vaguely like what I'm writing now, so you might like the
> result.

Where/when can I find this code?