Re: Different rendering in latex doc between Windows, macOS and GNU/Linu

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Different rendering in latex doc between Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 18:45:44 +0200

> Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 17:08:41 +0100 (CET)
> From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > I suspect on GNU/Linux, Emacs is configured to load some optional package.
> > The -q option doesn't disable site-init files.
>
> Sorry, but I do not understand this. How can I disable that?

By using "emacs -Q" (capital Q).  But it is not important in this case, see
below.

> The result of the above command is the same, both on Windows and GNU/Linux
> but on GNU/Linux 'foo' is rendered in underline bold while on Windows it is
> in italic. I create a foo.tex file with '\emph{foo}' on the first line and
> with the cursor on 'f' of 'foo'. See the attachments..

The images show that the font you use on GNU/Linux doesn't have the italics
variant, so Emacs uses underline instead, per the defface:

  (defface italic
    '((((supports :slant italic))
       :slant italic)
      (((supports :underline t))