Re: Different rendering in latex doc between Windows, macOS and GNU/Linu

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: Different rendering in latex doc between Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 11:20:01 -0800

On 11/26/2022 4:48 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Just for completeness..

Using both on Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux builds "emacs -q", I notice that with

   \emph{foo}

'foo' is rendered in 'italic' on Windows and macOS while it is rendered in
'underlined bold' on GNU/Linux. I tried with different fonts on both systems.
The color is the same.

Why the behavior is different on GNU/Linux?

My crystal ball tells me that you need to install the package `fonts-dejavu-extra`. You likely don't have the italic forms of DejaVu Sans Mono installed, and so Emacs falls back to rendering it with an underline.