Re: org-mode 9.6 and Emacs Built from Git HEAD

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-mode 9.6 and Emacs Built from Git HEAD
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 11:48:13 +0000

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> For org-mode folks: could you point me at what to implement  to get the
> text-property version  at my end; typically means I need to understand
> what makes things invisible and have that make things inaudible.

See `org-fold-core-region'.

The basic idea: we make use of 'invisible text property.
The value of 'invisible text property is actually set via other
properties that are linked to 'invisible via
`char-property-alias-alist'.
Links in particular are making use of a combination of two 'invisible
values: one set to be hidden via `buffer-invisibility-spec' and the other
is set to be displayed.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,