Re: Tree-sitter doc question

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter doc question
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 09:50:38 +1100

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 7:33 PM Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> wrote:
>>

>>> BTW, as I'm on Debian Testing getting the package is no problem. What I
>>> don't know is how to install the parsers for the languages I'm
>>> interested on.
>>>

>> admin/notes/tree-sitter/build-module/batch.sh
>>
>> Or am I misunderstanding you?
>
> Interesting, thank you.
>
> Why is that script and the accompanying README under `admin'? Why are no
> references to them on INSTALL?

I don't know the answer to those questions. However, I just tried that
script and it doesn't work on my Fedora 37 system. I also followed the
instructions for cloning the repo and building it yourself, which failed
with the same errors. The errors I get are basically of the form

Building c
/usr/bin/ld: parser.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against `.rodata' can not
be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: bad value
cp: cannot stat 'libtree-sitter-c.so': No such file or directory

Looking at the scripts, it isn't clear where I need to add the -fPIC (it
already seems to be there?).

This occurs for every lang. Building emacs with ./configure
--with-tree-sitter seems to be fine (Emac 29 branch HEAD from this morning).