Add four new Modus themes to Emacs?

From: Protesilaos Stavrou
Subject: Add four new Modus themes to Emacs?
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 07:50:40 +0200

Hello everyone,

I am developing version-4 of the modus-themes.  Part of this endeavour
is the creation of four new themes.  Originally, we had 'modus-operandi'
(light theme) and 'modus-vivendi' (dark theme).  They are the ones that
are shipped with Emacs since version 28.

The new themes:

- 'modus-operandi-tinted' :: Has a light ochre ("earthly") set of
  backgrounds and a few other tweaks that make it easier on the eyes of
  some users.

- 'modus-vivendi-tinted' :: It is a night sky theme, meant to be easier
  on the eyes of some people than its 'modus-vivendi' counterpart.

- 'modus-operandi-deuteranopia' :: Like 'modus-operandi' but optimised
  for users with red-green colour deficiency (deuteranopia).  In
  practice, this means that it does NOT use red+green colour coding,
  such as in diff buffers, replacing those with hues that people with
  deuteranopia (or deuteranomaly) can discern.

- 'modus-vivendi-deuteranopia' :: Same as above, but for the dark theme.

All new themes are consistent with the WCAG AAA accessibility standard
for colour contrast.

Should these four new themes be added to emacs.git when I release
version-4?  Or should I just update only 'modus-operandi' and
'modus-vivendi'?

My plan is to finalise version-4 by the end of this month.  It contains
lots of changes.

Thank you for your time!

All the best,
Protesilaos (or simply "Prot")