Re: Grammar checking

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: Re: Grammar checking
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 07:37:46 -0400

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023, 4:10 AM Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> wrote:

> One of the main annoyances is that LanguageTool does not appear to be
> widely packaged[2].

Why would it be necessary to package it?  It's a Java app, you can
download it from here:

https://languagetool.org/download/LanguageTool-stable.zip

and run it everywhere (provided you have a JVM installed, of course).

Do you use it?  It appears to be designed as a full-blown, multi-connection server.  Even if it is restricted to a local address, if it were a multi-user machine I'd be concerned about whether other users might gain access to the text I've sent to the server for processing.

Lynn