Re: Grammar checking

From: Peter Oliver
Subject: Re: Grammar checking
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 18:00:10 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 31 Mar 2023, Philip Kaludercic wrote:

Peter Oliver <p.d.oliver@mavit.org.uk> writes:

The zip file above contains the three versions of the program: GUI,
client-server, and command-line.

The command-line tool takes too long to start to be of practical use to us.

Why?  If it were to be used asynchronously, it could start up in the
background and the results would be displayed when it finds something?

On my system, “java -jar languagetool-commandline.jar /dev/null” takes 15
CPU-seconds in 4 real seconds.  The noise from my CPU fan alone would be enough
for me to not want to run that all the time.

If we use the server, we only have to pay the startup cost once.

--
Peter Oliver