emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Why Emacs-humanities?

From: Manuel Uberti
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Why Emacs-humanities?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 14:11:55 +0100

Hi Paul and hello everyone,

thanks a lot for working on this list.

I fall somewhere in the middle of the intended audience for a more
programming-oriented mailing list and this one, because I am Clojure developer
working on my degree in Philosophy.

Frankly, I've always been interested in humanities despite my main job, but you
know how it is with life: always a step ahead of you. I love writing about my
Emacs experience[1] and my love for cinema[2], and I have wrote a paper for my
last exam with LaTeX and Emacs.

Due to work and university I have not been able to follow Leo Vivier and the ERG
discussions, if not by catching up with the emails. Sorry about that, but time
has been very little on my side lately, and the next exam is going to be a huge
one.

However, I intend to follow the discussions on this list, share my experience
and maybe help anyone who may approach Emacs for writing as I do (Markdown
mainly, but LaTeX too).

All the best

[1] www.manueluberti.eu
[2] www.filmsinwords.eu