emacs-humanities

[emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanities?

From: M . ‘quintus’ Gülker
Subject: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanities?]
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 19:01:03 +0100

Am Dienstag, dem 22. Dezember 2020 schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
> I used the following link as inspiration:
> https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/NfdHG6oHBJ8Qxc26s/the-zettelkasten-method-1

This was quite an interesting read. Thank you for sharing that link.

> I also recommend trying actual paper-based Zettelkasten. It feels
> completely different from software solutions.

I am currently experimenting with the Zettelkasten concept, but only
digitally. What prevents me from trying an analogue, paper-based
Zettelkasten is the fear of loss. I mean, how do you make a backup of
this thing? What if there is a fire and your invaluable notes are all
burnt to ashes? Do you keep your notes in a fire-proof safe?

  -quintus

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu |    For security:
Passau, Germany      | kontakt@guelker.eu    | () Avoid HTML e-mail