emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanit

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanities?]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:36:05 -0500

On 19 Jul 2021, Jean Louis wrote:
Alright. Which command in Org will invoke Org agenda for tag? Do you
know?

What I mean is 'org-agenda-by-tag' but I cannot find it.

I might be misunderstanding your question, but for what it's worth we have implemented something like this at our company.

Basically: we run the `ots-browse-deliverables' command in Emacs, and that displays a buffer built from all the entries (across all the Org files listed in `org-agenda-files') that have the "DUE" tag. Most or all of those entries have an Org date element, so the buffer lists them in chronological order of course.

Search for ";;; Deliverables-tracking system" in https://github.com/OpenTechStrategies/ots-tools/blob/master/emacs-tools/ots.el to see more. This is a kind of "org-agenda-by-tag", though I'm not sure whether it's exactly what you had in mind.

Best regards,
-Karl