Re: [Orgmode] minor niggles concerning tables

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] minor niggles concerning tables
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 15:42:15 -0500

On 6/4/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

In fact, org-table-eval-formula understands both kinds of references.

Yes, of course, silly me!

Yes, I agree, this is hard and a bit unfortunate.  If I could
start from scratch, I would make but the same, but for backward
compatibility I cannot.

Understood.

The right setting of this variable is important in particular for the
formula editor (C-c ').  Have you ever tried it?

No. Thanks for the pointer.

> ** numbers like "1.e3"
>   I am in the (lazy) habit of omitting the zero after the decimal
>   point in scientific notation. This causes no problems in most
>   programming languages, or for calc.el, but it is misinterpreted in
>   table formulae. Is it possible to easily fix this?

Interesting bug!  Fixed as well, thank you very much.

Great.

Cheers

Will

--

 Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
 Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia