Re: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with archiving

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with archiving
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:01:10 +0200

On Jul 13, 2007, at 16:18, J. David Boyd wrote:

Archiving works almost perfectly in 5.03, thanks.

Here's the new problem.

Defined in my .emacs, I have

'(org-todo-keywords (quote ("TODO" "REQUIREMENTS" "ACCOMPLISH" "VALIDATE"
 "TEST" "|" "CANCEL" "DONE")))

What is happening is that, when I archive an item, it gets moved correctly, the archive stamp is written correctly, but instead of saying DONE, it says
CANCEL.

Org-mode simply picks the first state after "|" for this.
You could re-order, or we could allow a string value for
org-archive-mark-done, in order to specify the keyword to be used.

Actually, is this a bug? Or should I just reorder my list to have DONE come before CANCEL. I thought that I read somewhere that DONE had to be the last item in the line, but I don't seem to see that now that I'm trying to find it.

If you don't care about the sequence of DONE and CANCEL, you can just reorder. Since we have the "|" to separate TODO and DONE states, DONE does not have to be last.
Only if you do not specify "|", then the last keyword is used as a state
meaning that the item is done.

- Carsten