Re: [Orgmode] org-refile hack to show headings

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-refile hack to show headings
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 19:25:12 +0100

On 12/2/07, Chris Randle <address@hidden> wrote:
> Max Mikhanosha wrote:
> > Glad you liked my setup. I can't help but recommend using
> > http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles library.
> >
> > In case you never heard of it, icicles is to TAB completion what TAB
> > completion is to typing things manually every time. In my setup (I
> > think this is a default too) TAB does the prefix completion (like
> > Emacs), but Shift-Tab matches the regexp.
>
> I'm still quite new to Org-mode (and Emacs too), so forgive me if this
> is a dumb question: How do you cope with the clash of binding with S-TAB
> which Org-mode uses in visibility cycling and table cell navigation?
> Have you simply rebound one or the other, or is there a more subtle
> workaround?

Org-mode has many keys that behave different in different locations.
TAB and S-TAB have special meanings in tables.  If you want to use
the local visibility cycling of TAB, the cursor must be on a headline.
If you want to use the global visibility cycling of S-TAB, the cursor
must be outside a table.

- Carsten