Re: [Orgmode] Re: FR: source code

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: FR: source code
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:21:35 -0600

On Jan 15, 2008 6:36 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> I do agree with both reactions - I feel the same.  But this was not
> really the point I was trying to make.
>
> We already have these directives:
>
> ,----
> | #+BEGIN_HTML
> | #+BEGIN_LaTeX
> | #+BEGIN_TXT
> | #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
> | #+BEGIN myblock
> `----

I know.  I don't care for these.  There really only useful if you are
exporting.  (By that I mean they are ugly (in my opinion) in the
org-buffer.)  I just didn't want to see more of the same.  I'd rather
see a way to mark things up so they are meaningful in the buffer as
well as export.  I must admit though that there will be cases if you
are doing some heavy publishing, like say a dissertation, you may need
some special inlining.

I may be a little quick on the knee jerk.  In buffer markup recently
got a little weaker and I'd like for it not to be over looked with the
expectation that you can just use inline html or latex.

Edd