[Orgmode] Re: Is there any way to active the reminder of Org mode in Ema

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Is there any way to active the reminder of Org mode in Emacs?
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:51:43 -0400

DigitalPig <address@hidden> writes:

> I am using Emacs 22.2 with Org Mode 5.23a. I am wondering if Org mode
> have the same function as diary in Emacs. That is if you have some
> events or appointment. Diary pop-ups a window indicating that. How can I
> let Org to remind me the coming events as diary? Thanks!

Hi!

I don't use the diary at all anymore.  I have the following setup in my
.emacs to create appointment reminders for org-mode

;; Get appointments for today
(defun my-org-agenda-to-appt ()
  (interactive)
  (setq appt-time-msg-list nil)
  (org-agenda-to-appt))

(add-hook 'org-finalize-agenda-hook 'my-org-agenda-to-appt)
(my-org-agenda-to-appt)
(appt-activate t)

-Bernt