Re: [Orgmode] Org-publish - too many index.org files

From: Ethan Blanton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-publish - too many index.org files
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 22:29:49 -0400

Matthew Lundin spake unto us the following wisdom:
> A problem arises when I invoke org-publish (or org-agenda). All of the
> org files in the project are loaded into buffers resulting in too many
> index.org files in my buffer list.
[snip]
> 2) Alternatively, is there an easy way to rename the buffers to the
> title of the page designated with #+TITLE so that they can be told
> apart in the buffer list.

While this isn't exactly what you asked, I find the following useful
in my emacs config:

(require 'uniquify)
(setq uniquify-buffer-name-style 'post-forward)
(setq uniquify-min-dir-content 0)
(setq uniquify-after-kill-buffer-p t)

With this, if you have:

web/index.org
web/images/index.org
web/articles/index.org

... then when the buffers are all loaded, you will have buffer names
like:

index.org|web
index.org|images
index.org|articles

I find this much more useful than index.org<1>, <2>, etc., and you
might find that it makes those buffers more manageable.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.