[Orgmode] Re: Cannot get clock history persist to work...

From: Steve Cothern
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Cannot get clock history persist to work...
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:04:34 -0700

I found it -- I had a stale reference to org-mode-hook in a setq statement
associated with font lock.

"Steve Cothern" <address@hidden> wrote in message
Hi Folks,

Subject says it all.  I am following Bernt's excellent web resource in
getting up and going on Org mode.  I confirm that the history is being saved
in ~/.emacs.d/org-clock-save.el.  I have tried both

(setq org-clock-persistence-insinuate)
and
(org-clock-persistence-insinuate)

and have also tried using (require 'org-clock).  Nothing works.  Is there
any other obvious thing I should check?  I am currently using 6.28d with
Emacs 22.3.1 on OS X 10.5.7.  A shallow pass with 6.28e reveals the same
behavior.

TIA,

Steve

;;
;; Resume clocking tasks when emacs is restarted
(setq org-clock-persistence-insinuate)
;;
;; Yes it's long... but more is better ;)
(setq org-clock-history-length 35)
;; Resume clocking task on clock-in if the clock is open
(setq org-clock-in-resume t)
;; Change task state to STARTED when clocking in
(setq org-clock-in-switch-to-state "STARTED")
;; Save clock data and notes in the LOGBOOK drawer
(setq org-clock-into-drawer t)
;; Sometimes I change tasks I'm clocking quickly - this removes clocked
tasks with 0:00 duration
(setq org-clock-out-remove-zero-time-clocks t)
;; Don't clock out when moving task to a done state
(setq org-clock-out-when-done nil)
;; Save the running clock and all clock history when exiting Emacs, load it
on startup
(setq org-clock-persist t)

--------------
J. Steven Cothern
Senior Software Engineer
j2 Global Communications, Inc.
voice (805) 692-4192
jConnect (805) 456-0425
.

This email, its contents and attachments contain information from j2 Global
Communications, Inc. and/or its affiliates which may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is
intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any
disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message and any copies. j2
Global Communications. 6922 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90028..