Re: [Orgmode] How to Use date-tree in remember

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to Use date-tree in remember
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 13:06:30 +0000

Ian Barton wrote:
The date-tree option in the latest org looks very useful. However, I am having trouble making it work. My remember template looks like:

("Test" ?x "* %^{prompt} :journal:\n\n %i%&\n %!" "~/Documents/org/journal/notes.org" date-tree)

In notes.org I have:

* Date Tree Test.
:PROPERTIES:
:DATE_TREE:
:END:

However, the new entry is filed at the top of the buffer and no date tree is built. I presume I have something wrong with my setup. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Solved. Since installing Ubuntu Karmic Emacs has been loading the version of org with Emacs snapshot (6.30). Re-jigging my .emacs now makes sure that my local org-mode files get loaded properly.

Ian.