Re: [Android] Running debian + emacs on my Android G1 [was: [Orgmode] em

From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
Subject: Re: [Android] Running debian + emacs on my Android G1 [was: [Orgmode] emacs + orgmode on Ubuntu on Android G1]
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:59:43 +0100

Ok, summary of my experiences so far:

Emacs runs nicely, but uses a lot of memory with org mode, and it's
hard to use the agenda and probably difficult to make it run much
faster.

Thus I'll only be using the local emacs on my android phone as a
fallback when I have no (fast) network access, otherwise I'll use it
via ssh on a much faster host.

> As using this via the small keyboard is still awkward, even with speed
> keys (let's face it: emacs just wasn't made for small keyboards), and
> because it's still going to be slow, even if I can optimize it a bit,
> I guess I'll still be going forward with my plans for integrating
> org-mode with Remember The Milk.

As a sideeffect of this experiment, I have my org mode set up in a way
that is much more convenient to use on a small keyboard, that way I
can use it via ssh (connectbot) quite comfortably now. (speed commands
and tag selection keys are especially handy)

> But now I'm really tempted to start using mutt as a mail client on the
> phone ;)
---Zitatende---

Now this is really off-topic, but mutt runs very well on the g1 ;)

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)