Re: [Orgmode] Why I can't publish my project under Windows?

From: Water Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Why I can't publish my project under Windows?
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:08:04 +0800

Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> writes:

> Water Lin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I can publish my org projects under Ubuntu but I can't publish it under
>> Windows. All settings are the same especially the home directory. I have
>> set the home path for different platform.
>>
>> While I publish my org project under Windows, Emacs reminds me
>> following
>
> 1. Which windows? XP, Vista?
> 2. Are you under cygwin ?
> 3. Which Emacs-version?
> 4. which org-version?

I am using Windows XP and not using Cygwin.

My org mode version is 6.31a which is binding with my Emacs 23.

>> errors:
>> ==========================
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Searching for program" "no such
>> file or directory" "touch")
>>   call-process("touch" nil 0 nil "e:/water/My
>> Dropbox/EmacsHome/.org-timestamps/X25e4900e8c818b67efbd6a89083ad0458650dbfa")
>>   org-publish-update-timestamp("e:/water/My
>> Dropbox/EmacsHome/org/notes/index.org" "e:/water/My
>> Dropbox/EmacsHome/org/private_html/notes/" org-publish-org-to-html)
>> =========================
>
>>  call-process("touch" nil 0 nil "e:/water/My
>> Dropbox/EmacsHome/.org-timestamps/X25e4900e8c818b67efbd6a89083ad0458650dbfa")
>                ^^^^^^^^^
> why do you have the word "touch" in your configuration?
> Do you call the "touch" program under GNU/Linux?
> Do you have it installed under Windows?

I don't know why the word "touch" in my configuration. And I also don't
know if I use it under Linux.

I check my org mode configuration file, but I can't find any word like
"touch" in my org-sites.el file.

So, what's the function of this "touch" program?

What should I do now? Upgrade the org mode to latest version?

Thanks

Water Lin

--
Water Lin's notes and pencils: http://en.waterlin.org