[Orgmode] Re: Tracking finances with Babel

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Tracking finances with Babel
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 23:12:57 -0400

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the clear example.

While we're talking about this particular problem, I thought I'd mention
that there's also a nice off-the-shelf solution in R:

#+tblname: daily-expenses
| Expense | Category |
|---------+----------|
|       2 | Food     |
|       1 | House    |
|      10 | Clothes  |
|       3 | Food     |
|       5 | House    |

#+begin_src R :var tab=daily-expenses :colnames yes
  attach(tab)
  aggregate(Expense ~ Category, FUN=sum)
#+end_src

#+results: