[Orgmode] Re: Problem in org + beamer on B_frame BEAMER_env for subsecti

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Problem in org + beamer on B_frame BEAMER_env for subsections with BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 0
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:03:03 +0200

Hi Olivier,

Olivier Berger wrote:
> It seems to me it's currently impossible to use a custom frames sequencing
> in org + beamer, as only positive values of BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL seem to be
> working here.
>
> I'm trying to use the following simple slides document below, but it fails
> [...]
>
> #+TITLE:    Example presentation with org and beamer
> #+startup: beamer
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
> #+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 0
>
> #+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{default}\usecolortheme{default}
> #+COLUMNS: %45ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_envargs(Env Args)
> %4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_extra(Extra)
> #+PROPERTY: BEAMER_col_ALL 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9 1.0 :ETC
>
> * Introduction                                                      :B_frame:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_env: frame
> :END:
> hehe[fn:1]
> coin
>
> ** Coin                                                             :B_frame:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_env: frame
> :END:
> ** Example subsection 1                                             :B_frame:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_env: frame
> :END:
> *** Subection 1 text
> *** coin
>
> * Footnotes
> [fn:1] hehe

What I find weird, here, is that you put Beamer frames *inside* other Beamer
frames. I think that's the problem.

Why are you trying to do so?  What are you trying to achieve, structurally?

For me, setting =BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL= to 0 means you can play with different
sectioning levels above your set of slides; but not that you can have slides
in slides...

Example:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
* Intro (Section)

** Slide #1                                                         :B_frame:

** Slide #2                                                         :B_frame:

* Chapter 1 (Section)

** Problem (Sub-section)

** Slide #3                                                          :B_frame:

** Slide #4                                                          :B_frame:

** Solution (Sub-section)

** Slide #5                                                          :B_frame:

* Conclusion (Section)

** Slide #6                                                          :B_frame:
#+END_SRC

Here, you have the following TOC structure:

1. Intro
2. Chapter 1
   2.1 Problem
   2.2 Solution
3. Conclusion

and some slides that are placed at different structuring levels...

HTH,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban