Re: [Orgmode] table, moving cells

From: brian powell
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] table, moving cells
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:31:16 -0400

Theres a very simple way to do this; its been available in EMACS as long as I can remember--which is back to the late 80's--and OrgMode makes it even easier since it  evens-up/covers-down/aligns columns in real-time: All you have to do is:

Go to the bottom right corner of the cell or column you would like to move and set a mark "CS@", then go the the top right corner of the square cell or rectangular region of cells you intend to move and do "Cxk" == cut-rectangle--then go to where you want to move the cell or rectangle and do "Cxry" to do the yank-rectangle where you'd like to put it.

I just tested it--works fine!

;-)