Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:21:04 -0600

Jeff Horn wrote:
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 6:22 AM, Dan Davison <address@hidden> wrote:
I strongly second this. In fact I'll stick my neck out more: Worg is
great, but for tutorials on org-mode, HTML export is often the wrong
format for obvious reasons (i.e. unless you go to some trouble, it
conceals a lot of the org syntax). I'm tempted to suggest that htmlized
output should be the default format for many org tutorials on Worg.

I respectfully disagree with your assertion. When someone writes a
document "properly", i.e. in a literate fashion, i.e. using org source
blocks, the right syntax is shown at the right time. Please see the
manual as an example.

I must admit I ran into this exact problem when writing an org-babel/R
tutorial.  The problem came down to the following: I was writing an
interactive org-mode document showing mainly how code blocks work within
org.  This of course necessitates that I describe code block arguments.
But these aren't shown in export. I believe the solution would be
to export an "example block" to HTML, but then *also* include a source
code block for interactive org-mode use.

So my tutorial makes perfect sense when you're following along in org
mode.  But the HTML export seems a little odd since only the content
of the code blocks are shown, and not the full code blocks, which is
the point of the tutorial.