Re: [O] orgmode BEAMER scaling image

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode BEAMER scaling image
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:26:27 -0500

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Gilberto <address@hidden> wrote:
> In his org-mode beamer tutorial, Eric Fraga (very useful tutorial BTW,
> thanks) gives an example of using an image, and writes
>
> I have added an attribute to the image to tell LaTeX to scale the image to
> the full width of the column.
>
> Can I add a similar attribute to my images without having to tweak the .tex
> file? In other words, can I directly do that in org beamer mode?

You want the #+attr_latex feature to send export options to LaTeX[1].
Here's an example:

---------
* Section
** Slide name
*** Column 1                                          :BMCOL:B_ignoreheading:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_col: 0.45
    :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
    :END:
Here's the text for column 1.

*** Column 2                                          :BMCOL:B_ignoreheading:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_col: 0.45
    :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
    :END:

#+ATTR_LaTeX: width=0.95\textwidth
[[/here/is/the/path/to/your/image.jpg]]

The width= option scales the image. \textwidth when used in the column
environment applies to the width of the *column* textwidth, not that
of the actual total page size.

I've found that using 0.45 for the :BEAMER_col width made things look
a little better, but that might have been due to my custom template.
Use 0.5 if you want to make it bigger and it works for you.

[1] http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-LaTeX-export.html

Hope that helps,
John