Re: [O] org-export-preprocess-hook and the new exporter (was Re: Using O

From: Eric Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-preprocess-hook and the new exporter (was Re: Using Org for a dissertation)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 15:42:30 +0930

> Hello,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> This is probably more for Nicolas... and apologies for hijacking the
>> thread slightly!
>>
>> I was intrigued by the comment above regarding the ignoreheading
>> tag.  Sounded just like what I needed.  However, it doesn't do anything
>> with org /out-of-the-box/.  A little searching led to Suvayu's posting
>> in stackoverflow [1] and that does the job nicely, but only for the
>> standard (read: old) export engine.
>>
>> The question is: is there an equivalent hook for the new exporter?
>
> For heavy structure modifications (like headlines removal), there is
> `org-export-before-parsing-hook' and the dynamically bound variable
> `org-export-current-backend'.
>
> Another way to solve the problem could be to implement your own headline
> parser:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (defun my-e-latex-headline (headline contents info)
>   (if (member "ignoreheading" (org-element-property :tags headline)) contents
>     (org-e-latex-headline headline contents info)))
> #+END_SRC
>
> Then you can either install it in the current `e-latex' back-end:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (add-to-list 'org-e-latex-translate-table '(headline . my-e-latex-headline))
> #+END_SRC

Nicolas,

I tried this but I get:

,----
| Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
`/home/ucecesf/.emacs':

| Symbol's value as variable is void: org-e-latex-translate-table
|
| To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the
| cause of the error in your initialization file.  Start Emacs with
| the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace.
`----

I think it should be

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
 (add-to-list 'org-e-latex-translate-alist '(headline . my-e-latex-headline))
#+END_SRC

i.e. =alist= instead of =table=.

In any case, with this change, it works like a charm!  Many thanks.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.1.50.1
: using Org release_7.8.09-527-gc2aac5