Re: [O] List all habits with consistency graph

From: Max Mikhanosha
Subject: Re: [O] List all habits with consistency graph
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 15:07:15 -0400

Hi Henning,

At Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:08:17 +0100,
Henning Weiss wrote:

> I tried using a skip function to create an agenda that only contains
> habits following this post. To display habits that are not scheduled
> for today, I enabled "org-habit-show-habits-only-for-today". This
> made it possible for me to view all other habits by navigating
> through the agenda.
>
> The problem with this approach is that some of my habits have
> various intervals, ie. daily, bi-weekly, bi-monthly and
> monthly. This makes it quite cumbersome to track down all of the
> habits in the agenda. Also, there is a lot of "noise" because of the
> agenda day separators and the "duplication" of habits (ie. daily
> habits are displayed every day).
>
> How can I get a "cleaner" view of the habit list for entries that
> are scheduled at some point in the future? Maybe if it would somehow
> be possible to create an agenda that "collapses" multiple days into
> one, I could filter it by habit to give me a habit list. I could see
> myself using this collapsed agenda for other things as well.

I implemented the above functionality, and pushed it to master. There
is new customization variable `org-habit-show-all-today' which when
set to t, will show all habits (even if they are scheduled for the
future) on today's agenda.

In fact I kind of like it, so wondering maybe it should be made `t' by
default?

Regards,
  Max