Re: [O] orgmode + evernote, anyone using it? Use cases?

From: Eden Cardim
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode + evernote, anyone using it? Use cases?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:59:35 -0300

    Marcelo> Hello everyone, As much as I love orgmode, I can't deny
    Marcelo> that Evernote looks slick. I would not replace org by
    Marcelo> Evernote per se, but Evernote does have more polished
    Marcelo> capture tools than orgmode has. Just the simple fact that
    Marcelo> you can drag and drop anything to an Evernote note, and
    Marcelo> it will automatically store/display it accordingly is
    Marcelo> great.

Dragging is what bothers me. I practically live inside emacs and
pressing one key to capture stuff is about 5 times faster than doing
it by dragging, that is, if the app I want to capture from happens to
be on the same desktop. I have grown a habit of capturing absolutely
everything, which is eased by the fact that I redirect everything I
can to IRC or my mailbox, which gives me a very efficient note-taking
and communication system. I also have the capability of capturing
links to stuff on a remote system (which Evernote can't do). Also,
Evernote has no integrated calendar, which really hurts, in org I can
capture and add a scheduled/deadline timestamp to the item which
effectively implements GTD's recommendation of "using the item itself
as a reminder". The only useful thing I've ever done with Evernote is
take advantage of the OCR search, which means I can capture physical
things fast with the smartphone and find them later via search, like
bookmarking a page from a physical book or capturing a business card.

--
<Polytope> tetris is so unrealistic