Re: [O] compilation issues of new export framework

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] compilation issues of new export framework
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 18:16:53 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

an oddity occurs since the new exporter moved into core (I don't think I
had seen this before, so maybe you can relate to what is different now):

Compiling /lisp/org-mode/lisp/org.el...

This only happens when using byte-recompile-directory, which means
org-element has already been loaded in that session and is present as a
byte-compiled file.  I haven't yet found where in org.el these loads are
triggered, but it seems that this might be related to macro expansion.
In any case, the resulting org.elc file therefore depends on the
compilation method, which is highly undesirable.  I haven't been able to
analyse this further.

Another sticky point is your use of declare-function: some of these are
actually defsubst, not defun:

org-element-{contents,nested-p,element-property,put-property}

I don't think they will be inlined unless their definition has been
interned, declaration alone will not suffice.  I don't see an easy way
to factor out those parts from org-element that are needed by org, but I
suggest that we should find one.

There are more errors when doing a "make ORGCM=slint2 compile" in the
last pass.  These files are probably all just missing an

(eval-when-compile (require 'cl))

but I only checked ox-md.

Compiling single /lisp/org-mode/lisp/ox-beamer.el...
In end of data:
ox-beamer.el:1250:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: case, action, defaction, option, otherwise, headline, target
Wrote /lisp/org-mode/lisp/ox-beamer.elc
Compiling single /lisp/org-mode/lisp/ox-icalendar.el...

In org-icalendar-entry:
ox-icalendar.el:504:44:Warning: `(quote t)' is a malformed function
ox-icalendar.el:504:44:Warning: `(quote t)' is a malformed function
ox-icalendar.el:504:44:Warning: `(quote t)' is a malformed function

In end of data:
ox-icalendar.el:974:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: case, category, todo-state, local-tags, all-tags, incf, all,
    unblocked, hour, day, week, month, year
Wrote /lisp/org-mode/lisp/ox-icalendar.elc
Compiling single /lisp/org-mode/lisp/ox-jsinfo.el...

In end of data:
ox-jsinfo.el:261:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
    defined: case, path, sdepth, tdepth, otherwise
Compiling single /lisp/org-mode/lisp/ox-md.el...

In end of data:
ox-md.el:494:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    case, on, trans, off

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: