Re: [O] [new exporter] ignoring a headline on export to PDF via latex

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] ignoring a headline on export to PDF via latex
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 20:16:33 +0100

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 01:25:03PM -0500, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Try using your function with a filter.  This filter might work:
> > > org-export-filter-headline-functions.  Of course it goes without saying
> > > you will have to update your function.
> >
> > Thanks Suvayu.  It is this update that I need help with!  The
> > documentation of that variable is close to impenetrable to me (e.g. what
> > is a /communication channel/?).
> >

> Reading the commentary in ox.el might help, at least to shed light on
> some terminology.

As far as know, it is a property list returned by the parser.  Look in
lisp/ox.el:1094.  Beyond that my understanding is also a bit hazy.  I
think I have gone through that bit of the comments at least once, but it
is a little difficult to follow for me (my lack of understanding of lisp
is probably to blame :-p).

Good Luck,

--
Suvayu