Re: [O] org-caldav can't find org-prepare-agenda-buffers

From: Vincent Beffara
Subject: Re: [O] org-caldav can't find org-prepare-agenda-buffers
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 01:05:37 +0100

Hi,

Agreed ... I believe the only problem will occur when one of a multiply
occurring event is edited / deleted on the cal side. I have nothing more
constructive to propose than just "don't do that" ... My use-case is just as a
way to push org changes to cal and nothing more, and for bidirectional people
who would create events on cal and sync, not much bad would happen I believe.
But you're right, conflict resolution (which is what that would be) will be a
problem. Would have to manage reference counts etc, for little benefit. Who is
using multiply occurring events anyway?

Attached is what I am proposing: absent multiply occurring events, the org and
cal IDs are the same (which is as it was except for the missing 1 in a regexp).
For the second occurrence, the TS2- prefix is conserved, and so on - but it is
trimmed when fed to org-id etc. As you say, it is not correct and will lead to
problems down the road, but I really wanted all occurrences to appear in iCal
;-)

Cheers,

/v