Re: [O] Babel issue after upgrade to Org 8?

From: Rasmus Karlsson
Subject: Re: [O] Babel issue after upgrade to Org 8?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:51:50 +0200

Hi Eric!
Thanks for the help. Your command was quite useful. It turns out that on emacs23,
you get
defined? nil
However, on emacs24 you get
defined? t
So it seems I just need to use the newest emacs version!

Thanks!

Rasmus

2013-10-25 03:48, Eric Schulte skrev:
The `org-babel-do-load-languages' function is defined in the current
version of Emacs and with the current Org-mode.  Maybe the debian
package is screwed up in some way?  I get the following

     $  emacs --batch --eval '(message "defined? %S" (functionp (quote
org-babel-do-load-languages)))'
     defined? t

with the following version of Emacs

     $ emacs --version
     GNU Emacs 24.3.1
     GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
     You may redistribute copies of Emacs
     under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
     For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

Best,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

SabreWolfy <sabrewolfy <at> gmail.com> writes:

I've recently updated my Debian unstable installation and Emacs now
reports
this on startup:

Symbol's function definition is void: org-babel-do-load-language

My .emacs includes:

(org-babel-do-load-languages 'org-babel-load-languages '((R . t)))

I've searched for a solution and read the notes about upgrading to Org 8
(which may have occurred during the update?), but have not found a
solution.
Can someone point me in the right direction, please? Thanks.

I just had this problem after upgrading from Ubuntu 13.04 to 13.10. I have
not changed my .emacs file, and the part which loads babel in my .emacs file
reads

(org-babel-do-load-languages
  'org-babel-load-languages
  '((python . t)
    ))

The error I get reads,
"Symbol's function definition is void: org-babel-do-load-languages"

I'm on org-mode 8.0.6 (Ubuntu package:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/org-mode/8.0.6-3 ), and I believe this
package is straight from the Debian packages. Did this problem ever get
resolved? Needless to say, everything worked before the upgrade.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Rasmus Karlsson, PhD student