Re: [O] Feature request: filling of long captions

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Feature request: filling of long captions
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 08:36:04 +0100

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Andrea Rossetti <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello Bastien and everyone reading,
>>
>> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Could you list other options that are good candidates for such
>>> auto-filling fonctionality?  We'd better implement them all at
>>> once.
>>
>>   I'd suggest to split the wish-list in two buckets, i.e.
>>
>> 1) some "#+..." commands would benefit of a line-continuation
>> mechanism (like the backslash at EOL in a multilined C/C++
>> #define macro)
>>
>> 2) some line-continuation-aware "#+..." commands (thanks to
>> implementations for step 1) would benefit of auto-filling
>>
>>   To me #+TBLFM seems to fit into bucket 1, #+CAPTION into
>> bucket 2. My Christmas wish is #+MACRO into bucket 1.
>>
>>   Kindest regards,
>>
>>   Andrea
>>

> For a while now I've been wishing that keywords (namely #+Caption:)
> could be equivalently specified as blocks (e.g., #+begin/end_Caption:).
>
> Would that be another possible solution here?

I can not think of any downside, so I guess it would work at least
as well for me.

It might be harder to implement, since multiple caption lines are
already parsed correctly by Org.

The begin/end_caption blocks would have their advantages in terms of
syntax highlighting / readability of the Org buffer.

Regards,
Andreas