Re: [O] trunc fill modes?

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] trunc fill modes?
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 09:06:58 -0800

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> On my MacBook Pro at work, running Aquamacs 3.0a, in Org mode the mode
> line shows
>
> ... Fill

I think you want auto-fill-mode.  See:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Auto-Fill.html

Auto-fill-mode is an Emacs minor mode.  You can make sure it's turned on
in Org (which is a major mode) by adding it to Org's mode hook:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook                   ; add a function to the Org mode
hook...
          (lambda () (auto-fill-mode 1)))  ; that ensures auto-fill-mode is on

Put that somewhere in your ~/.emacs, restart Emacs (to reload your
~/.emacs), and you should see "Fill" in the mode line when you're in Org
mode.

You can do the same for other modes by swapping out the "org-mode-hook"
symbol for the appropriate hook variable for another mode (usually
called MODE-NAME-hook).

Best,
Richard

(If possible, please encrypt your reply to me using my PGP key:
Key ID: CF6FA646
Fingerprint: 9969 43E1 CF6F A646.
See http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rwl/encryption.html for more information.)