Re: [O] (Maybe) enhance `org-element-src-block-interpreter'?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] (Maybe) enhance `org-element-src-block-interpreter'?
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 16:36:01 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I see, thanks. I'm still getting used to the 'org-element API', but it
>>> seems to be much easier than I thought: just use
>>> org-element-at-point' and
>>> `org-element-interpret-data' in most cases ...
>>
>> Correct.
>>
>> For completeness, if you're working at the local level (i.e. with
>> `org-element-at-point'), available accessors are
>>
>>   - `org-element-type'
>>   - `org-element-property'
>>
>> When you're working at the global level (i.e. with
>> `org-element-parse-buffer'), you get another accessor,
>> `org-element-contents', and some tools to modify the parse tree
>>
>>   - `org-element-put-property'
>>   - `org-element-adopt-element'
>>   - `org-element-insert-before'
>>   - `org-element-extract-element'
>>   - `org-element-set-element'
>>
>> In both cases, `org-element-interpret-data' is the only way to turn data
>> back into Org syntax.
>
> That makes things much clearer, thanks.
>
> I definitely would have used `org-element-put-property' to modify a
> 'local' parse-tree too, but I can just as well directly use `plist-put'
> on the raw plist in its cdr - would that be the correct way?

I tried it out, works very nicely in this buffer:

* ORG SCRATCH

#+name: myPicoBlock
#+header: :var X=5
#+begin_src picolisp :results value raw :tangle no
  (+ 3 X)
#+end_src

#+results:
8

Evaluating the following src-block with C-c C-c gives an error:

,----
| split-string: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
`----

but it can be copied to the *scratch* buffer and evaluated there.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results
(defun tj/try-parser-api ()
  (let (ptree)
    (org-babel-map-src-blocks nil
      (when (string= lang "picolisp")
        (setq ptree
              (delq nil
                    (list (org-element-at-point) ptree)))))
    (org-element-put-property (car ptree) :value " (* 5 X)\n")
    (message "%S" ptree)
    (mapconcat
     'org-element-interpret-data
     ptree "\n")))
#+end_src

Then interpreting works as expected:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results raw
(tj/try-parser-api)
#+end_src

#+results:
#+NAME: myPicoBlock
#+HEADER: :var X=5
#+BEGIN_SRC picolisp :results value raw :tangle no
   (* 5 X)
#+END_SRC

#+results: myPicoBlock
25

and I can actually use `org-element-put-property' on the car of the
local parse-tree (but need to add an "\n").

--
cheers,
Thorsten