Re: [O] [bug] ox-taskjuggler

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] ox-taskjuggler
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:30:04 +0100

Søren Mikkelsen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2015-01-23 09:59, Christian Egli wrote:
>> Søren Mikkelsen <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> It works, but only for tasks that aren't having a start
>>> attribute. It is possible to give a warning if the start
>>> attribute already exists and make the default one, the one
>>> specified in the attributes (drawer)?
>>
>> What exactly doesn't work? Are there two start entries in the task?
>> One because of the SCHEDULED property and one because of the the
>> start property?
>>
>> Then you might have to remove the start property from
>> org-taskjuggler-valid-task-attributes before adding the other
>> valid attributes i.e.
>>
>> ;; Add other valid attributes. (org-taskjuggler--indent-string
>> (org-taskjuggler--build-attributes task
>> org-taskjuggler-valid-task-attributes))
>>
>> Might have to become (untested)
>>
>> ;; Add other valid attributes. (org-taskjuggler--indent-string
>> (org-taskjuggler--build-attributes task (remq 'start
>> org-taskjuggler-valid-task-attributes)))
>>
>> HTH Christian
>>
> The problem by removing the start attribute is that it destroys the
> backward compatibility. I want ox-taskjuggler to accept both methods,
> where the start property attribute overrules the scheduled attribute,
> if this is present.

I don't understand. You get the start of a task using
org-taskjuggler-get-start. This can be either the start attribute or the
SCHEDULED attribute. Then you insert this in the task if it is non-nil.
Since you have dealt with this attribute already you don't need to
handle it in org-taskjuggler--build-attributes. Hence you remove it
(just for this call) from the list of task attributes that need to be
handled.

HTH
Christian
--