Re: [O] Separate Org file from Subtree

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Separate Org file from Subtree
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:54:46 -0500

Change :EXPORT_FILENAME: an-interesting-article to :EXPORT_FILE_NAME:
an-interesting-article

Then,

C-c C-e C-s O o

should export to that file. I notice in the org export that the
properties are not getting exported, and even the headline is not
exported as the title though.

Here is a function that seems to do what you want.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun export-subtree ()
 (interactive)
 (let ((fname  (concat (org-entry-get (point) "EXPORT_FILE_NAME") ".org"))
       (author (org-entry-get (point) "EXPORT_AUTHOR"))
       (title (org-entry-get (point) "EXPORT_TITLE"))
       (date (org-entry-get (point) "EXPORT_DATE"))
       (content (progn (set-buffer (org-org-export-as-org nil t t))
                   (buffer-string))))
   ;; warning you can delete something unintentionally
   (when (file-exists-p fname) (delete-file fname))
   (find-file fname)
   (insert "#+TITLE: " title "\n")
   (insert "#+AUTHOR: " author "\n")
   (insert "#+DATE: " date "\n")
   (insert "\n" content)
   ;; remove properties drawer. Kind of hacky.
   (goto-char (point-min))
   (re-search-forward ":PROPERTIES:")
   (setf (buffer-substring
          (org-element-property :begin (org-element-context))
          (org-element-property :end (org-element-context)))
           "")
   (save-buffer)))

(export-subtree)
#+END_SRC