Re: [O] A Microsoftesque detail in org

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] A Microsoftesque detail in org
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 17:39:36 +0200

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> As for Rasmus's examples of similar behaviour in other modes, I don't
> like them either.  Unfortunately again, I'm too short on time to fix the
> behaviour in my setup.

So far nobody has felt strongly enough about this to supply a patch, even
to org.texi or, I think, worg.

Here's an untested start to get rid of those pesky Microsoftesque detail
in org-mode

(with-eval-after-load 'org
  (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
            (defun org-keyboard-purist ()
              (org-defkey org-mode-map (kbd "RET") nil)
              (mapc (lambda (key)
                      (org-defkey org-mode-map key nil))
                    (list [(control return)]
                          [(shift control return)]