Re: [O] Merge branch 'maint'

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: [O] Merge branch 'maint'
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 13:59:38 +0200

Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> writes:

>> As far as I understood, maint is a subset of master, i.e. all commits
>> that are in maint are in master as well. Is that correct?
>
> Yes.  As long as there aren't any new commits on maint that have yet to
> be merged

What is the purpose of maint exactly? In Emacs git repository there's
master and emacs24. All commits apply to master first, while some are
cherry picked onto emacs24. The emacs24 branch will never be merged into
master: it's divergent and that's fine.

As I understood, for Org mode some commits are applied to maint, and
then merged into master. Why?

    Oleh