Re: [O] Working on iPad Pro

From: Carlos Sosa
Subject: Re: [O] Working on iPad Pro
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 22:38:51 -0800

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> For now, this seems an adequate, though not ideal, solution. I'll have
> to  use it more to see how well it works for authoring blog posts.
>
> One irksome limitation of any ssh solution is that I can't just export
> my org files to HTML and preview the results automatically. I'm sure
> I'll find other issues as I start using this workflow more heavily.

  I might be a little bit late, but I will like to add my input on the
  experience with the semi-remote terminal experience with Emacs.

  I make use of Emacs in 4 machines that I keep in-sync with a mix of
  git and git-annex. I would recommend git-annex for your newsrc files
  and your org-mode files. One of this machines is a Chromebook, that is
  not run in developer mode, this means I don't have a typical Unix
  machine. Because of that restriction, I make use of mosh to connect to
  one of my "boxes" that has Emacs running. So everything I
  export/publish in one of this "boxes", has to be served by an HTTP
  server. That's how I overcome the restriction of the documents
  preview. Since the Chromebook already has a working browser, having a
  terminal that's able to copy/paste between the terminal (ssh/mosh) and
  the browser is crucial. I would say that's how I read my feeds from
  Gnus and other elements that can be rendered through Emacs on a
  terminal.

  The key is to be able to synchronize your "Emacs box" files and your
  Terminal(IPad, Tablet, Chromebook...) files, and to be able to copy/paste
  between both. I know of a friend that writes everything in org-mode in
  his tablet, and later pushes the content to his "Emacs box" were he
  renders, and later exports the final document.

  I'm about to try out a similar setup like the Kangaroo PC but with the
  Beaglebone Black. I've haven't had a problem with Emac's performance on
  different sizes machines, more CPUs, less CPUs, it really hasn't
  matter, it's more about the lantency of your network.